Responding to Perpetrators of Family Violence
About the Course
The ‘Responding to Perpetrators of Family Violence’ course offers:
- Knowledge about perpetrators, drawn from current research and professional expertise
- An overview of the principles underpinning effective responses, including an exploration of ideas about respect, culture, accountability and gender
- A practical framework from which to respond at the societal, community and individual levels
- Specific strategies for engaging and responding, including the use of the Family Law DOORS screening tools
This course has been specifically designed for those working within the community services, health, family law and human services sectors. It is recommended that participants complete the AVERT Family Violence Basics and Screening and Safety Planning online courses prior to commencing this course. Equivalent training and/or professional work experience will be considered.
The course is interactive involving audio slides, videos, and quizzes with up to date resources for you to download.
As on online program, you can work through the topics at your own pace. The topics covered are:
- Principles underpinning responses to perpetration
- What do we know about perpetrators of violence?
- Screening for perpetration
- Responding holistically
- Multi-agency and cross discipline collaboration
Family Law DOORS
Learn to screen for patterns of risk.
The fee for this course is $55.oo (incl. GST)
Group discounts apply. For further information contact the Communications & Development team on 8216 5200.
Course at a Glance
- Self paced learning environment
- 5 main topics
- 20-30 minutes of work per topic
- English captions
- Certificate of completion upon completing the course
If you do not find the delivery of this online learning accessible, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss alternatives.Enrol Now